Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm having one of those phases where one's massively obsessed with improving one's lifestyle. You know, eat healthy, cook healthy, exercise more, read lifehack obsessively, spend commuting time completing conversations, listening to audio books or thinking about thesis, using lots of post its, having virtual post its on desktop, rearranging desktop icons to boost productivity, reading blogs by Tim Ferris, reading nutrition and good habits guides on Livestrong. You get the picture. It's a nice feeling to know you're doing something that is eventually going to pay off in the form of a better more toned physique (hopefully) and probably lower the risk of you having a massive heart attack sometime in future, also lower your risk of getting high cholestrol, cancer or diabetes. Plus, its an easy way to shed those extra pounds.

Speaking of extra pounds, you know those rogue last few? The ones that dont go despite all the effort you put in. I mean, there's only a limit to the number of calories you can deprive yourself of without going enroute skanky whore diet. I want to eat healthy, not eat less. But the last few kilos wont go away. It's ridiculous.

Also, my new obsession is getting back my flat tummy. Yes, once upon a time, for about a year and a half, I did have a flat tummy. I wont call them abs because they weren't toned enough to get my belly button pierced. But they were toned enough to wear tank tops and show off some skin. Those were the days I was obsessed with thunder thighs. You know, I used to think I have massive thighs and would only engage in spot reduction exercises for those areas. I've long since reconciled myself to my pear shaped physique. I can do anything about the butts and the thighs, but what I can do is get rid of the sloth that has taken up residence around my tummy. Thank god I have no tiers or love handles. That would be a pain to get rid of.

So, I'm doing crunches, almost every day. It's useful to have Miss Fab-Abs as my flatmate. Brings things into perspective. Also, it helps reading shape magazine every night before going to bed. It always means a better healthier day next day.

My new project - or what I'm trying to make my new obsession, is to figure out how the DSLR works. It's ridiculous. I've had it for months now - since June to be precise and I still have got no clue as to the settings and how to optimise controls for the best pictures. To be honest, these days you dont really need fabulous settings, with the advent of photoshop and photoshop for dummies aka Picasa. But still. I've spent a massive amount of dough on this thing and I'd better learn to use it.

That's it for today.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment